Sunday, March 2, 2014

Exhaustion has set in….But in a good way.

This has been a hell of a week. This time last Sunday, the love of my life, asked me to marry him.  Committing body and soul to him was the easiest thing I have ever done.

Now I am feeling the effects of the roller coaster ride that is this giant engagement. The worst part, the part that breaks my heart is that Dave is not here to see how excited everyone is about it. I wish he was here for the jumping up and down and squeals and questions. I think he would be overwhelmed by how much everyone is excited and happy and thrilled. I think he would be touched and honored by the fact that my friends just want me to be happy and that they see he makes me happy. But mostly, I wish he were here so we could hold each other and look in each others eyes and not have to come up with words about how I feel and how this is like I have blossomed after a very long winter. I feel like the cherry tree outside. Pink bud on my branches. Hope flowing in every part of me, from root to leaf. And all it took was Dave to start this. He really is like the sun to me.

I get it now.
Thank God, I have had a chance to finally get what everyone has been talking about.


No comments:

Post a Comment